Most musicians continually strive to become better at playing their favorite instrument. Many will spend hours a day practicing, and there are plenty of fellow musicians to be found in real life and in online forums to discuss technique, music and more. The archtop guitar is one of the most popular instruments in the world, and there are plenty of musicians who love playing it. So here are a few tips on how to improve your guitar playing.
- Visualize yourself playing your archtop guitar. Even if you don’t have it in front of you, think about playing it when you have some down time. Picture yourself playing that song you’ve been working on in front of an audience. Or visualize sitting at home and writing a song on your archtop guitar. This is a great way to hone the skills required to be a great archtop guitar player.
- Try to learn something new every day. This is a great life motto, and it especially applies to your archtop guitar. Find something that is guitar related and learn it. Learning something new every day keeps your mind fresh and helps with your guitar playing instincts.
- Set aside some time every day to play. You don’t even have to stick to a set piece of music. Just pull out your archtop guitar and jam. Have some fun with it. Invite some friends over to play too.
- Focus your practice time too. While jamming is important, make sure your practice time also includes some warming up, exercises and some other, more focused practicing and exercises.
- If you can, record yourself playing. Play it back and try to listen to it as objectively as possible. Keep an ear out for any mistakes you made, and try to practice those parts to improve your playing. See if a friend will listen to your recording and give you some notes on what they want.
- Learning how to read and write music is also an important part of playing your archtop guitar well. If you don’t already know how, find tutorials online or find a music shop in your area that gives lessons. Reading and writing music is a great skill to have when you are a musician.
Would you like to learn about ordering a custom archtop guitar? Call Fine Archtops at 612-366-7120 or you can Contact Us.